June Organization of the month
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) young people.
The Trevor Project provides crisis counselors that are trained to answer calls, chats, or texts from LGBTQ young people who reach out on our free, confidential and secure 24/7 service when they are struggling with issues such as coming out, LGBTQ identity, depression, and suicide.
Through legislation, litigation, and public education, The Trevor Project is the leading advocate for LGBTQ youth mental health in preventative and intervention efforts at the federal, state, and local level to address factors that place LGBTQ youth at significantly higher risk of suicide. The Trevor Project advocates for the rights and futures of LGBTQ young people through legislation, litigation, and coalition-building.
The Trevor Project also focuses on research and education. Through innovative online training workshops and strategic partnerships across the United States, the Trevor Project has been able to reach more people than ever before:
100,000+ Youth and youth-serving adults reached through our CARE, Ally, and Lifeguard workshops
20,000+Educators trained to create safe spaces in schools
1st In the nation to launch a partnership with the NY Department of Education
Thank you for joining me in celebrating and supporting the Trevor Project this month. I would encourage you to read more about the amazing work that the Trevor Project continues to do as well as learn different ways you can help the LGBTQ+ community.
Keep up with our Donations
- 1st month donation to Action Against Hunger: $333.86
- 2nd month donation to Robin Hood: $143.45
- 3rd month donation to WIRES: $145.82
- 4th month donation to Breast Cancer Education and Awareness: $86.88
- 5th month donation to CMW Project Graduation and The Nature Conservancy: $105.00
- 6th month donation to No Kid Hungry: $164.51
- 7th month donation to Pencils of Promise: $100.68
- 8th month donation to the Common Ground Foundation: $217.27
- 9th month donation to the Green Belt Movement: $360.27
- 10th month donation to the Coral Reef Alliance: $452.82
- 11th month donation to the American Society for the Prevention of Animal Cruelty $384.16
- 12th month donation to the Environmental Defense Center: $539.31
- 13th month donation to the Harford Family House: $1,912.37
- 14th month donation to the Organization for Autism Research: $1,008.22
- 15th month donation to Epicenter: $ 4,867.46
- 16th month donation to Breaking Taboo: $ 2,787.89
- 17th month donation to the Folck's Family Go Fund me: $1,212.96
- 18th month donation to Epicenter: $ 312.76
- 19th month donation to Nova Ukraine: $1,638.23